General Category > Kinesiological Stretching Technique Seminar Discussion

best organized way to study for test?

(1/1)

lijue@berkeley.edu:
Hi all,
I am about ready to take the test in about a week or so. I have yet to really "buckle down" though....I took the time to make not only notes from the videos, but some flash cards. I am most worried about memorizing the names of all the systems since they are so similar (to me): perception, awareness, stability, safety, etc. Any hints on how to accomplish this? Rote memorization?

Also, there are some inconsistencies in the PDF/videos/study guides that I found. Has anyone else seen them (I assume I am not the only one who ran across these). If EF staff want to know where/what I found, I am happy to list....

thanks!
Sue

Daniel Tkach:
Hi Sue!

You don't have to memorize anything other than where to go get the answer when you get the question, the exam is open book. Sure it helps to memorize, but don't strictly memorize anything for the test.

Please let me know about the inconsistencies and I'll fix the ones that are possible to fix.

Thanks!

lijue@berkeley.edu:
Daniel and everyone: I passed the test! However, I did miss more than I thought. I know that someone already asked if we could see our incorrect answers--any change in that? I would love to know where I made mistakes.

In terms of inconsistencies in the course:
--"Interment" is the title of "Discernment" on the video. It is also not really a word (I thought it was supposed to be InterNment--but that didn't make sense), so typo plus I think the exercise is called Discernment.
--I have to double check this, but in Certainty and Courage, the arm used seems to be different on Paul and the demonstrator gal. One uses same arm as leg flexed behind, one uses opposite arm. I have to go check all the videos and photos because I thought it was confusing between all the various demos and the written pdfs.
--Sureity was shown as "Shuri System" in the video. Big typo...confusing as you are learning for the first time. Had to reason it out.
--Certainty was confused with  "Certitude" in Lateral bending either on the video and/or the pdf. Paul said it was a repeat from the Back Bending section, so def Certainty--but Certitude was spoken or written.

I think that is it for now. If I find anything more or clarify the above, I will write again, Thanks for being an excellent moderator!!
Sue

Daniel Tkach:

--- Quote from: lijue@berkeley.edu on August 02, 2017, 08:57:05 pm ---Daniel and everyone: I passed the test! However, I did miss more than I thought. I know that someone already asked if we could see our incorrect answers--any change in that? I would love to know where I made mistakes.

--- End quote ---
Congratulations Sue! You'll receive the certificate promptly.

--- Quote ---In terms of inconsistencies in the course:
--"Interment" is the title of "Discernment" on the video. It is also not really a word (I thought it was supposed to be InterNment--but that didn't make sense), so typo plus I think the exercise is called Discernment.

--- End quote ---
That's correct, the exercise is Discernment. We can't change it on the video.

--- Quote -----I have to double check this, but in Certainty and Courage, the arm used seems to be different on Paul and the demonstrator gal. One uses same arm as leg flexed behind, one uses opposite arm. I have to go check all the videos and photos because I thought it was confusing between all the various demos and the written pdfs.

--- End quote ---
There are several variations for each exercise, the demos were taken from different programs, so that may be it. As long as the position targets the desired muscles then you can find many different ways of doing it.

--- Quote -----Sureity was shown as "Shuri System" in the video. Big typo...confusing as you are learning for the first time. Had to reason it out.

--- End quote ---
Aha, as shuri is not a word at least not in English, so I'm sure the name is Surety.

--- Quote -----Certainty was confused with  "Certitude" in Lateral bending either on the video and/or the pdf. Paul said it was a repeat from the Back Bending section, so def Certainty--but Certitude was spoken or written.

--- End quote ---
Yes, Paul updated the names for those exercises. If you'd like to tell me exactly at what time stamp the errors are some can be corrected, others we'll have to live with them, or we can add Errata notes on the pdfs.

Ok now the learning starts, when you start applying the techniques. Keep in mind this is only the stretching part, by no means the whole method. The strength techniques and the movement techniques are a must for flexibility improvements. You'll find tons of information and updates about the method on our blogs, and all the information is free. We have over 50 blogs.

Access to the forum is unlimited, so do share your future findings while teaching and training. Hardly anyone knows that, and we are all missing an important part of the learning process.

lijue@berkeley.edu:
Daniel,
Thanks for the replies and feedback on my questions and comments regarding some inconsistencies. I hope that at some point someone can help Paul correct them because the course is so good otherwise--I hate to see the quality detract and confuse!
I have yet to receive my actual email certificate. I have emailed Reyna twice and she apologized and says it is coming but it has been almost two weeks now...???

On another note, I do some TRX Suspension Training as well as teach dance. I have tried some of the techniques on my "tighter" clients, and it is working well. I am anxious to teach more very tight people to grapple with positioning and various methods of modification. It is always a trick! I will keep you posted as I can.

I have the ELC video as well and hope to balance my students by incorporating both systems..time will tell!!
thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version