Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 14149 times)

Daniel Tkach

Introduce yourself here!
« on: September 26, 2014, 09:42:45 am »
Hello everyone! Welcome to the EasyFlexibility Forum!
Please introduce yourselves here as you get registered.

My name's Daniel, I'm a Certified ElasticSteel and EasyFlexibility instructor. I've been practicing Kinesiological Stretching since its beginnings even before it was released to the public. Paul taught me these great techniques to help me achieve a full butterfly and full splits.

ElasticSteel training has been my passion since I bought the "Transform Your Body Into ElasticSteel" Splits and Kicks training book in 2005. My dream was to become a flexibility and martial arts training instructor. I was at a job I did not like, I wanted to achieve a high athletic and flexibility level in order to have authority to teach. I believe one teaches more by example than anything else. Thanks to Paul and his Method my dream became a reality and I'm now fully devoted to training and teaching martial artists, dancers and athletes in general to acquire Flexibility, Strength and Balance through ElasticSteel and Kinesiological Stretching.

Iím sure youíll enjoy the course and that youíll have a few questions. Feel free to post them in a New Topic. Iíll be there to do my best to help you out and achieve your flexibility goals.

Welcome!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 11:54:48 am by Daniel Tkach »
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

menardkp

Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 12:50:04 pm »
I tripped over Paul's work when looking for body weight exercises for my son, who is a freshman at A&M. I first got the squat DVD and from there, starting ask Dan questions. Now I am here because I want to understand why this works.

I'm about to turn 60, with large amounts of damage to joints and muscles from years of martial arts, bike accidents, etc. I'm a chemist by training, and work mostly with the business end of material science this days.

Kevin

Daniel Tkach

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 10:03:40 am »
Hi Kevin, it's nice to see you here.
Keep us posted on what you are learning. The best way to learn the exercises is to watch the video, read the notes but most importantly practise them, feeling in your own muscles and joints.

Hopefully the rest will introduce themselves soon.
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

shift1000

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 03:27:30 pm »
Hello forum,

My name is Van. Very impressed with the seminar. Will have questions soon.

Daniel Tkach

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 03:31:27 pm »
Welcome Van. Paul's work is very impressive indeed.
Feel free to ask as much as you need.
Regards.
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

andyhrelja

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:54:08 pm »
Hi Everyone!

I work in IT (it pays be bills nicely and not overly stressful...) but my passions lay in martial arts (Hapkido, BJJ and Tae Kwon Do) and the associated flexibility requirements as well as overall physical training (kettlebells, body weight etc etc).  Like others here I literally stumbled across Paul's work while looking for ways to improve my flexibility.  Like my training, I've always been attracted to things out of the mainstream.  Over the years I've found that very often what is today considered "out there" later becomes proven effective and almost becomes "the norm".  Take kettlebells for example.  I was using those long before they became "trendy".  And Paul's methods are anything but mainstream.  The best part though is that my experience has been nothing but positive with his material. I was hoping to get to the splits by the end of this year but a busted ACL and subsequent reconstruction slowed things down a little.  My goal from this seminar is to be able to take this knowledge and share it with those I work with in the martial arts and physical fitness fields.  Ultimately getting a few personal training clients to work with.  I'm looking forward to learning heaps and I'm sure as I work through the material I'll have plenty of questions.

Hung

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 08:28:15 am »
Hi Daniel and all,

thank-you for reminding me to introduce myself. 

my name is Hung and i'm from Sydney.  i'm currently retraining in another field (health) as my current occupation (IT) has not been busy in the last 2 years and in the process i'm doing this seminar for self development and the new field i'm taking.

i've been following Paul's work since the inception of Elasticsteel.  his work is impressive and has helped me reaching a better flexibility as a swimmer.  i haven't had the chance to fully master the martial arts side of his work and the kicking/split materials though.

i've been following the seminar and have done 3 lessons.  i've learnt a few things from Daniel's input towards everyone's else feedback.  i will be posting questions soon.

talk to you all soon.

Hýng
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:52:43 am by Hung »

leifj

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:44:15 pm »
Hi I am Maureen and I'm a yoga student, I live in New Zealand - love the first video.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:36:20 am by leifj »

carobelo

• Stangenliebe
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 05:57:35 pm »
Hi I'm Carol from Germany.

I know Pauls stuff from 2010 via bodyweightculture :)
I'm a fitness instructor and pole dance teacher. I love to move and dance.
I also do QiGong and healing practice for clients. It's nesscary to know the body.  But learning never ends....

Strength without flexibility is nothing in my business. I do jointmobility and yoga moves in my routines. I never learnt names of it but I have a good sense of structures.

I'm glad to learn from Paul and threw experience/discussion/conversations here. And put all my support for this program.

Nice to meet ya all.
Lovely Regards,
Carol

s.toennies

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 03:20:26 pm »
Hello everyone,

my name is Stefan and iam from Germany. I have a martial art Background as well[ Judo an capoeira] and besides of my main job as a Student, iam a Trainer who is specialized in outdoor-training. Iam already enjoying the course and looking forwad to learn a lot!

best regards
Stefan :)

Franklin

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 10:47:13 pm »

Hi All

Franklin here.

Glad to have taken this course, thanks for the information and the training.

I am an acupuncturist and a long time practitioner and teacher of chinese martial arts.

Daniel Tkach

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 01:01:37 pm »
Welcome Franklin, welcome all.

Please post your questions, even if it is to double check something that you think is very simple, it may not be, and it may be on the exam, where if you doubt it's no good! Better make sure and double check before.

Thanks!
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

suedanceclayton

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 04:56:42 pm »
Hello,
My name is Sue and I am a professional dancer/dance teacher and yoga therapist.  I have two 200 level RYT's in yoga, one specializes in back care.  I have been dancing for over 40 years and teach dance six days a week.  I had my right hip resurfaced six years ago and it brought me to this place of wanting to learn more about how our bodies work and therapy related courses.

Daniel Tkach

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »
Hello,
My name is Sue and I am a professional dancer/dance teacher and yoga therapist.  I have two 200 level RYT's in yoga, one specializes in back care.  I have been dancing for over 40 years and teach dance six days a week.  I had my right hip resurfaced six years ago and it brought me to this place of wanting to learn more about how our bodies work and therapy related courses.

Welcome to the forum Sue. I'm sure Kinesiological Stretching will be a wonderful tool for you. What you'll find here you won't learn it anywhere else.
So enjoy and get the questions ready for us  :)

Have a look around the forum, there are some very interesting questions and answers.

Regards.
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

sophie.curtis

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 03:05:32 am »
Hello to everyone!
My name is Sophie, I'm an emergency & critical care Veterinarian.  I work in a busy and often stressful hospital and due to shift work (primarily nights), find it difficult to have a balanced and regular exercise routine.  As a child I was very flexible but have found with age (and lack of practice), I have become stiff, sore and generally unhappy about the way I move.  I am yet to start the course but am looking forward to getting started, and also to sharing the experience with all of you.