Author Topic: Study  (Read 1619 times)

suedanceclayton

Study
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:52:41 am »
Hello Everyone,
Should I only study one area at a time, what worked for everyone?  I have begun watching the first forward bending video and am starting to do the exercises now.  Only on the second day. 

Thanks,
Sue

Hung

Re: Study
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 06:39:25 am »
hi Sue,

i've given some tips in one of my previous messages but here is what i have done:

memorization is a bit needed.  if you have a latin or hispanic understanding, it would be easier.  i have memorized the muscle names using a muscle anatomy chart.  use that chart and label each muscle to which 'bending' it belongs to.  of course do the exercises and you will come to know to which 'bending' it belongs to.  lastly, write the names of the muscle to which 'bending' it belongs to on a sheet and put it next to the chart where you can see the correlation (pattern) (i don't think this part is needed but i'm still mentioning it).

hope that has helped you

Hung

suedanceclayton

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 10:51:39 am »
Thank you so much for responding, I have been working on one section at a time otherwise I think it is too much information for me to work on at once.  Did you do that as well?

Hung

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:09:08 pm »
hi Sue,

no. 

Daniel was saying in another post, always do what works best for you.  so i took that comment on all level.  as you have mentioned, if it's too much infos at this point in time, just do one video at the time and reject what's too much for you.  when you feel that you're ready for more information, just come back to our discussion and see what you can incorporate.

when i first joined the forum, it was also too much for me.  i couldn't handle it and so i did similarly to you but i studied in an increment of 3-2 videos (back and forth) at the time and did the 'systems' right after them so i knew what was talked about and involved.

just take my comments as either yes or no at this point in time.  don't be hesitant.  in this manner, you would know whether you are ready and with time, something that you have rejected can be considered useful for you now or vice versa.  you want to understand the system comfortably and knowing like the back of your mind, you don't want to be overly under stressed because that prevents effective learning.

Hung
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:59:47 pm by Hung »

suedanceclayton

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 03:54:06 pm »
Thanks !!!  Today I went on a bit so I can see where it is all going. I am still working on the first one, but started viewing the next couple too.

My next question is about time, if we only have two months to watch the videos, can we extend time longer to study and take the test when we feel ready?  I am trying to work on this on a regular basis, but it seems like so much information for only two months time.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:01:43 pm by suedanceclayton »

Daniel Tkach

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 01:27:19 pm »
Hi Sue.
Hung's idea of having a muscle chart and sticking to it the Kinesiological Stretching systems is great.

I think that 'Practice' will make you learn the exercises eventually, and practice in teaching them, so explaining it to someone else will be more powerful than anything else. To explain stuff to someone else you really have to process it yourself first, understand it, then you explain it, and you will also see that as you are explaining it you'll discover new stuff, and twists and really the essence to the method. I believe this applies to anything that can be learned and taught.

As far as getting more time, two extra months cost only $30, so I guess you can do that.
It is a lot of information, mostly totally new information. When this was about to be released a year or so ago, we instructors had to learn a lot of new stuff in a couple of day haha! Sometimes the pressure is needed (the for knowledge to really go and stay inside your brain!)  ;)

As long as you understand the idea behind it, try to explain it to someone else, and follow along the exercises using the handouts, you should be fine.

Looking forward to your updates.
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

suedanceclayton

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 05:17:11 pm »
Thanks again, am I understanding from reading other posts that memorizing the names is not necessary?  Know what the muscle does and the exercise is what is important?  But, this is an open book test, so does that mean we search through our paperwork to answer questions?  That seems more reasonable for two months time.  Just trying to understand what is necessary.

andyhrelja

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 08:31:53 pm »
Hi Sue,

What I did was use (using Foxit reader) have the PDF opened while watching the videos and making (heaps) of extra notes on each stretch based on what Paul was saying in his video.  That really helped me HEAPS in the exam.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Cheers,
Andy