Author Topic: Naming Convention?  (Read 2335 times)

Franklin

Naming Convention?
« on: December 11, 2014, 09:54:29 am »

curious about the naming convention for the stretches

to use names such as : comfort, appeal, vitality
rather then just naming based on the muscles targeted

is there some kind of logic behind that?

curious because in something like touch for health
they have equated individual muscles to have correspondences
to acupuncture meridians, emotions, nutrition, etc

so I would like to know more - if there is something behind the naming convention used for KS

thanks
Franklin

Daniel Tkach

Re: Naming Convention?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 06:23:36 pm »
Hi Franklin. The names are not arbitrary at all, as you guessed, there's a logic behind it.

There's an organ-muscle-feeling correspondence, tested and proven, probably not accepted by some, accepted by others. You are free to choose and experiment and form your own opinion.

So yes, pay attention to the names, and you can actually repeat them on your mind while you do the stretch. Believe it or not, you'll go deeper if you concentrate on the feeling and name of the stretch. It may require some serious practice, if you have experience in mantra meditation obviously it'll be easier.
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

andyhrelja

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 12:28:56 am »
Daniel,

That's actually good to hear.  It would be great if that was explained in the course, maybe as an intro, or outro.  Just to give a better understanding of how things work, why they are the way they are etc.

Andrei I.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 02:22:40 pm »
I was curious about the naming convention, too, and I was glad that I found an explanation in the forum. Thank you for that!

I assume that Daniel made a reference to the energy meridians, known from the traditional Chinese Medicine. There are from 10 to 12 to 14 to even 16 meridians (depending on which source of information you use) which follow the paths of energy flow in our bodies. Any stimulation of these meridians, let it be acupuncture, or tapping, or point massage, or stretching of the muscles located along these meridians, can trigger specific and well defined groups of feelings and emotions.

Is there a lookup table which connects the emotions which were used to name the individual stretches / systems with the specific energy meridians? Of course one can Google it (e.g., "Joy" comes up linked to Pericardium meridian, Vitality is I think Gallbladder meridian) but it takes time, I am sure it is already available somewhere... Paul definitely must have it...

I am asking because I am getting increasingly interested in this kind of stuff.

Daniel Tkach

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 03:15:57 pm »
I was curious about the naming convention, too, and I was glad that I found an explanation in the forum. Thank you for that!

I assume that Daniel made a reference to the energy meridians, known from the traditional Chinese Medicine. There are from 10 to 12 to 14 to even 16 meridians (depending on which source of information you use) which follow the paths of energy flow in our bodies. Any stimulation of these meridians, let it be acupuncture, or tapping, or point massage, or stretching of the muscles located along these meridians, can trigger specific and well defined groups of feelings and emotions.

Is there a lookup table which connects the emotions which were used to name the individual stretches / systems with the specific energy meridians? Of course one can Google it (e.g., "Joy" comes up linked to Pericardium meridian, Vitality is I think Gallbladder meridian) but it takes time, I am sure it is already available somewhere... Paul definitely must have it...

Great you noticed that. We won't share any further information, as most people is not really interested. When it comes the right time, we'll know. Ms Louis Hay wrote about similar stuff, it's of course related to what you discovered with KS.  ;)
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

Franklin

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 09:13:08 am »

Great you noticed that. We won't share any further information, as most people is not really interested. When it comes the right time, we'll know. Ms Louis Hay wrote about similar stuff, it's of course related to what you discovered with KS.  ;)

the only major correspondences that I am aware of on meridian theory and specific muscles is Touch for Health
in acupuncture we tend to associate the meridians with the tendo-muscular pathways
(its a bit different from the correspondences in touch for health)

also in acupuncture the feeling/emotional aspects of the meridians and pathways is traditionally described/mapped to the five element correspondences
also a bit different from applied kinesiology/ touch for health

as an acupuncturist and a long time practitioner of qigong and traditional healing (touch and non touch/energetic)
I would love to hear more about the correspondences in KS
is KS following touch for health type correspondences?
i am not familiar with Louis Hay- what would you recommend I look at to learn more?

thanks
Franklin

Daniel Tkach

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 12:51:21 pm »
Thanks for showing your interests.
Hopefully we'll be able to share more information about the naming convention soon.
Thanks!
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com