Author Topic: Anyone sat the exam yet?  (Read 1799 times)

andyhrelja

Anyone sat the exam yet?
« on: October 30, 2014, 10:02:27 pm »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has sat the exam yet?  I'm not asking for answers to questions, just curious as to how you found it and any tips you might have.

Thanks!

Daniel Tkach

Re: Anyone sat the exam yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 09:51:15 pm »
* Have the handouts... handy. You may print them out.

* Listen attentively to Paul's explanations before sitting for it and make notes on what you are not sure about.

* Practice all the exercises repeating to yourself what muscles you are working on and what actions you are doing at each.

* You don't need to know the system's names by heart but the more you remember the less it'll take to recall. On the flashcard you can write the system name on one side, the target muscle group on the other, or whatever other way you think it's more useful, such as, muscle names on one side, actions on the other.
Test yourself, and everytime you test yourself also do the exercise lightly once, doing helps you more than just repeating.

* Don't freak out. This is the most important one. Take it easy.  :)

Any other advice you can come up, even if you did not sit for the exam yet, feel free to share it! Only a very low percetange of the members participate, but I'm sure many read the posts.
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com

andyhrelja

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 07:13:05 pm »
Daniel,

Thanks for those tips.  Sounds like I'm heading in the right direction at least as I'm already doing some of the things you suggest.  I do like the flash card idea though - haven't done that one yet.  But I've watched the videos heaps, made plenty of notes on the handouts and practised the various systems to get a feel for each of them.  I think I'll take a crack at the exam this coming weekend.  Fingers crossed! :)

Andrei I.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 03:36:08 pm »
I took the exam this morning. I was curious as to what this exam is. You never know what you have been missing until you tried it.

When you click on the "Kinesiological Stretching TEST" button, you will go though at least one more step before you get to the "begin test" button, which is "the point of no return". At this last step before the test, you will learn that you have to answer 25 questions within 60 minutes, and that the passing grade is 65%. If you pass, you get a Certificate of Completion, which basically states that you took this class. It does not certify you as an instructor or a teacher of this system, at any level. It does not have Paul's autograph. It does not have your picture next to Paul. Its print is misaligned and looks too shabby to even hang it on the wall. It is not an exam which you would take at a college to get a degree - it is made to make you feel good, if learning experience was not good enough for you - and it was not made to be difficult.

When you study, you study for yourself. You want to learn these stretches. You want to understand them and be able to make them correctly. You do not study for the sake of taking a test. I think the most important part is to take all necessary notes to be able to do it after completing the course. At least, this was my goal.

When it comes to exam, the PDF handouts with some handwritten notes taken along the way should suffice. It is great if you remember everything and can answer right away, but it is an open book exam and you can look up everything in your handouts and notes. I am estimating that at least 50% of answers are already in the handouts. If you take a few notes, you will get to the required 65% passing grade easily. The test does not challenge your ability to apply the techniques or chose the right techniques for a given situation. It is more of an exercise in looking up the answer.  The questions (and Daniel gave some examples of those in a separate topic) go along the lines "Name the muscles targeted by system XX", or "What actions of muscle XX are utilized in System YY", or "What is the leverage in system ZZ", or "What system targets muscle BB". A few questions ask about details of how specific stretches are done, i.e., position of certain body parts, or which muscles should be contracted during stretches. You can  find answers to these questions in pictures in the PDF handouts if you do not remember it by heart (if you worked on the stretches, you will remember, so these questions should be easy). All questions are multiple choice, some of the questions are "negative" questions (What action is NOT...) and you should watch for those.

I took the exam because I was curious about what it is... And was hoping for a learning experience... And thought that maybe in the future there will be level 2, and completion of this course would qualify me for taking level 2. It was not much of a learning experience, and there is no level 2 anywhere on the horizon, as far as I can tell. Frankly, one can as well skip the test. One gets access to knowledge by buying access to the course. The exam, really, does not add much, if anything to it other than a little bit of a motivation and a little bit of time pressure to finish the studies on time.

This is my personal opinion about the test, for what it is worth. I am very excited about the contents, though, and I look forward to working on these stretches on a regular and systematic basis. I have high level of hopes that they will be efficient! It is great that Paul and his associates made this set of stretches available in a single package. I purchased  several individual videos on EasyFlexibility web site, but this course offers better explanations of stretches and provides the complete system.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:46:51 pm by Andrei I. »

Daniel Tkach

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 02:35:40 pm »
I took the exam this morning. I was curious as to what this exam is. You never know what you have been missing until you tried it.

When you click on the "Kinesiological Stretching TEST" button, you will go though at least one more step before you get to the "begin test" button, which is "the point of no return". At this last step before the test, you will learn that you have to answer 25 questions within 60 minutes, and that the passing grade is 65%. If you pass, you get a Certificate of Completion, which basically states that you took this class. It does not certify you as an instructor or a teacher of this system, at any level. It does not have Paul's autograph. It does not have your picture next to Paul. Its print is misaligned and looks too shabby to even hang it on the wall. It is not an exam which you would take at a college to get a degree - it is made to make you feel good, if learning experience was not good enough for you - and it was not made to be difficult.

When you study, you study for yourself. You want to learn these stretches. You want to understand them and be able to make them correctly. You do not study for the sake of taking a test. I think the most important part is to take all necessary notes to be able to do it after completing the course. At least, this was my goal.

When it comes to exam, the PDF handouts with some handwritten notes taken along the way should suffice. It is great if you remember everything and can answer right away, but it is an open book exam and you can look up everything in your handouts and notes. I am estimating that at least 50% of answers are already in the handouts. If you take a few notes, you will get to the required 65% passing grade easily. The test does not challenge your ability to apply the techniques or chose the right techniques for a given situation. It is more of an exercise in looking up the answer.  The questions (and Daniel gave some examples of those in a separate topic) go along the lines "Name the muscles targeted by system XX", or "What actions of muscle XX are utilized in System YY", or "What is the leverage in system ZZ", or "What system targets muscle BB". A few questions ask about details of how specific stretches are done, i.e., position of certain body parts, or which muscles should be contracted during stretches. You can  find answers to these questions in pictures in the PDF handouts if you do not remember it by heart (if you worked on the stretches, you will remember, so these questions should be easy). All questions are multiple choice, some of the questions are "negative" questions (What action is NOT...) and you should watch for those.

I took the exam because I was curious about what it is... And was hoping for a learning experience... And thought that maybe in the future there will be level 2, and completion of this course would qualify me for taking level 2. It was not much of a learning experience, and there is no level 2 anywhere on the horizon, as far as I can tell. Frankly, one can as well skip the test. One gets access to knowledge by buying access to the course. The exam, really, does not add much, if anything to it other than a little bit of a motivation and a little bit of time pressure to finish the studies on time.

This is my personal opinion about the test, for what it is worth. I am very excited about the contents, though, and I look forward to working on these stretches on a regular and systematic basis. I have high level of hopes that they will be efficient! It is great that Paul and his associates made this set of stretches available in a single package. I purchased  several individual videos on EasyFlexibility web site, but this course offers better explanations of stretches and provides the complete system.

Hi Andrei. Thank you very much for that very clear review, I'm sure everyone here will appreciate it.

I absolutely know what you mean about the certificate, it does look bad, that's why we had a professional designer do a new one, which is not given right away when you complete the test because of digitalchalk limitations. Surely you can request it and we'll send it to you, as a high quality 300dpi picture file for you to print it out on a professional printing facility.

Let me note please that it does certify you, it's probably better proof that you completed the original test and got the original certificate (yes, the one that has overlapped text), as opposed to having one with our logo, which of course anyone can fake. Nevertheless, ultimately we are the ones who keep record of the people that passed the test, and when we are asked for instructors on a certain area, we provide the information accordingly.

When you study you are never by yourself, we are here to assist you along the way, and as you may know by now, for a lifetime.
Feel free to post your review on our review app, prospective customers and EasyFlexibility will really appreciate it since it sounds very objective and sincere.

Welcome to Kinesiological Stretching!
Daniel Tkach
ElasticSteel Team
www.ElasticSteel.net
www.EasyFlexibility.com